Walmart Community Grant -Explained
- Community Grants range from a minimum of $250 to the maximum grant of $5,000. The amount for Polaris 121.5 Radio Direction Finder complete kit is $2,500.00
- * Organizations must submit an online application to be considered for funding.
- To be considered for 2018 funding you must sumbit an online application by Dec. 31st, 2018.
- The 2019 application grant cycle begins on Feb. 1, 2019 and ends on Dec. 31, 2019.
- Applications may be submitted at any time during this funding cycle. Please note that applications will only remain active in our system for 90 days.
- Organizations may only submit and/or receive 25 applications.
Civil Air Patrol
Organizations applying must meet one of the following criteria:
An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code, listed on the IRS Master File and conduct activities within the United States; (Civil Air Patrol)
Tax Number for application – EIN: 75-6037853 (Search and Rescue Squads, Services (Public Safety, Disaster Preparedness, and Relief)
Sheriffs, Police Departments, Fire Departments
A recognized government entity: state, county, or city agency, including law enforcement or fire departments, that are requesting funds exclusively for public purposes; (Law Enforcement and Fire services).
- Need your Government charter EIN Number as proof
Areas of Funding
There are 8 areas of funding for which an organization can apply. Only the following subject applies for this grant.
Public Safety: Supporting public safety programs through training programs or equipment in the United States
Purpose of Grant
Polaris 121 Radio Direction Finder: reference the website www.polarisrdf.com and what you can do with it for search and rescue in the local community
- Management at the facility to which you are applying will review the application and make initial funding recommendations on all submitted requests. The deadline for manager review is Jan 4, 2019.
- Each facility manager may set the frequency and process in which application determinations are made.
- The facility manager and the grant administrator reserve the right to adjust the amount awarded to each organization without prior notice.
- Organizations will be notified of any decision via e-mail. All funding decisions are final.
- If an organization is approved, grant checks will be mailed directly to the recipient organization’s address listed in the grant application. Please allow two to four weeks for delivery.
- In the event of being awarded a grant, organizations should contact their local facility from which funds were awarded to schedule a formal recognition event. A great recruitment opportunity and showcase for your Squadron in your city.
Please let us know that you have applied online at the grant site as we may have other additional donors coming online to support this program.
- * CAPNHQ now has a webpage to help this program with Wal-Mart and recommend you visit the local Wal-Mart and talking to your local Wal-Mart Manager.
- If you have multiple Wal-Marts in your area, choose the Super Wal-Mart as they have more available grant funds.
- Apply with their help. Take a copy of the Polaris Brochure with you and if you have an old L-Tronics Elper DF unit to show what it replaces.
- Take the attachment of the successful award for a Polaris Radio Direction Finder and show the Manager the device has been researched and approved for purchase under this Head Office grant program team.
- You should think about taking a cadet or two in uniform to showcase the community involvement by the Civil Air Patrol.
TrueNorth Rescue Inc.
32932 Pacific Coast Highway
14-376 Dana Point, CA, 92629
Request More Information
Polaris RDF is a radio detection finder manufacturing company located in Dana Point, California. We offer government agencies the ability to locate emergency radio beacons quickly and easily. Our radio directional finding technologies are tuned specifically to 121.5 and 406 MHz emergency frequencies, operate on handheld and drone devices with location mapping. All designed to save your department time and money.
Call us at 844-812-7393 to speak with an expert about your departments emergency beacon radio detection finding needs.
Call 1-844-812-7393 to Speak with an Expert about your Department's RDF Needs